While I'm limited to what activities I can do while I'm in the last few weeks of my pregnancy, My new favorite form of exercise while pregnant is SWIMMING!!! Swimming is an awesome workout for anyone.. FULL BODY workout!! So today I went to the pool and I did 5 laps from each side 5 times. 20X across. GOOD WORKOUT! Resting for as long as I needed inbetween sets. (longest rest was 2 minutes.) Its harder to get air to my lungs as is.. but I did it. I feel accomplished and better about myself. Not to mention I got a little color being out in the sun.. (I think Im the whitest I've ever been). The water was the perfect temp. so it was just as relaxing. I had my brothers with me to so we played with a frisbee for awhile by throwing it to the end of the pool and racing to the frisbee.. That in itself was a workout! Being in the water just felt amazing!! It took all the weight off my back and that was just heavenly and I didn't feel so hot & heavy.. So all you pregnant ladies.. GO SWIM!!! and for everyone who isn't pregnant SWIM HARDER! It really is very beneficial and FUN!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
..Exercise..
While I'm limited to what activities I can do while I'm in the last few weeks of my pregnancy, My new favorite form of exercise while pregnant is SWIMMING!!! Swimming is an awesome workout for anyone.. FULL BODY workout!! So today I went to the pool and I did 5 laps from each side 5 times. 20X across. GOOD WORKOUT! Resting for as long as I needed inbetween sets. (longest rest was 2 minutes.) Its harder to get air to my lungs as is.. but I did it. I feel accomplished and better about myself. Not to mention I got a little color being out in the sun.. (I think Im the whitest I've ever been). The water was the perfect temp. so it was just as relaxing. I had my brothers with me to so we played with a frisbee for awhile by throwing it to the end of the pool and racing to the frisbee.. That in itself was a workout! Being in the water just felt amazing!! It took all the weight off my back and that was just heavenly and I didn't feel so hot & heavy.. So all you pregnant ladies.. GO SWIM!!! and for everyone who isn't pregnant SWIM HARDER! It really is very beneficial and FUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment