So while my husband is here.ok.. just to clarify.. my husband was not "cheering"for BYU.. But the Mountain West Confrence
Who were playing against......

Hanging out with.........
I stayed home to do this... THE SALT LAKE HALF MARATHON!
And it was amazing~
No pain no gain.. This race was AWESOME! The first 4 miles was a pretty brutal hill, Then from mile 4-13.1 it was all down hill! We started at little Dell Bridge ran through Emigration Canyon, passed Ruths Diner, The zoo.. All the way to the University of Utah Marriott. We started at 7 AM. It was perfect weather in the morning!! It started to rain around mile 7. It got a little cold with some head wind but didn't last to long.
I didn't really train for this marathon.. I actually signed up last week! But figured since I work out ALL the time I should be fine but on Wednesday, I decided maybe I should run a little so I went for a 11 miler.. Got home.. and my right hip was killing me.. its been bugging me after I do sprints or long distance running but Ive just ignored it.. Ok so, the day before the race I decided to go to a chiroproactor. After explaining my pain and him moving my hips.. he concluded that I have reginerated arthritis in my hips and starting in my knees.. SO NOT a good thing to hear before a half marathon.. or a avid fitness guru.. Great.. He told me NO MORE RUNNING.. ya.. sure..so when I told him that I had this run today he recommended not running..but its something I really LOVE and ENJOY doing. Knowing me.. Of course I did it anyway! Ya.. lets just say. the doc was right. I felt great Cardio ,But my hips started bugging me as soon as I started on the down hill.. But Sore hips, Bleeding toes, aching knees, Blister the size of texas...... Running through the finish line at 2:04.. Worth it. I didn't make my goal (under 2) But proud of myself anyway. Because I know I made it because of my motivation
*MY COUSIN JENNA*
I dedicated my run to my cousin Jenna, Who is suffering with Cancer. It disables her from doing things that she want to do. I could imagine how frustrating it would be to want to do something so bad but your body won't let you. Because of her faith and her drive in life I decided that this half was for her. The struggle she deals with in everyday is nothing we could compare to. So Jenn.. Thanks for taking me through the finish line.
I LOVE YOU


1 comment:
Awe!! Candice! I am truly touched. Of all the things to dedicate to me I am glad that it was running. Running is something I miss. That and playing sports. :( I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. I do find it ironic that your hips are killing you because mine are too. :) lol. My hips are one of the many places I have tumors. I guess on some level you can understand my pain. Thanks agian. You are awesome in my book! :) Love ya tons!
Jenna Lee
Post a Comment