(yes, that is a sideways pic of my tree.. due to the fact that my photos will NOT turn.)
advice?
Christmas time is here, The tree is decorated, The stockings are hung.. (over our couch)..
There is a chill in the air and a little bit of snow on the ground. I love all the family parties and snuggling with my family and reading Christmas stories in front of the tree. But most of all I love the reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. The birth of our savior, I love to read the story of Jesus's birth in Luke. I am eternally grateful for our savior, of all the sacrifice and love he shows us throughout the year. At times, I feel overwhelmed this time of year because of our family situations, we are just pulled in so many directions I don't even know whats when and when is what. Is it really worth all the hustle and bustle of the season.. ? I love my old family traditions and I am excited to begin my own traditions with my children. With this being our first Christmas with children, Brent and I want to make sure our children learn to focus on the true meaning of Christmas, As they grow they will know that we celebrate it because of the birth of our savior. This is a special time of year, and I cherish the time spent with family and friends. Here are a few pictures of our busy holiday season so far.
The Hale family Christmas party was wonderful. There was a video that my cousin and his wife put together of a few pictures of what happened throughout our family this past year. It was perfect and I am so thankful for it. After my grandma hale stood up and told us how proud she is of our family. My Grandma Hale is an amazing woman,
I love her so much and as she stood and expressed her feelings, It brought me to tears. She had raised 8 children, and to stand back and see what her and my grandpa have accomplished together, is simply amazing. Our family has expanded well over 100 people. And the fact that we all are so close to eachother, I have no problem calling anyone in my family and asking for help or advice. Each Aunt and Uncle, and Cousin is an example of love and service, and I do not know where I would be without them and their never ending support.
The babies also got to meet Santa Clause for the first time.. You can tell they were so excited...
All the children loved santa and suprisingly nobody cried or whined when they sat on his lap.. well, maybe the teenagers.. haha!
We also had our 3rd Annual Ugly Sweater Party, We had so much fun with our friends and its something we look forward to every year. We enjoyed eating spaghetti and drinking hot chocolate and of course decorating gingerbread houses for the contest.
It was tough this year, but Scott and Marie took home the prize for making the best house. It was HUGE..
can you see it?.. really.. do I even need to ask you?
Thanks to everyone who came!
The Babies of course had a great time to!!
..Until Next year...
Merry Christmas!






No comments:
Post a Comment