Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ETHIOPIA BOUND!!

I have the opportunity to go to Dera, Ethiopia. Which, after a long look at a map.... well, globe.. I found that it is located the east side of Africa! This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time and I am so happy I actually have the chance to do it! To prepare for this trip I have had to have 6 shots!! Yellow fever, malaria... and lets just say.. I'm glad I don't ever have to do it again! But it will be worth it! A fight with the passport services! and losing my ID and getting a new one.. Also, We have packed over 7 big suitcases all weighing in at exactly 50lbs. full of dental and school supplies! Now for me, I have yet to pack! I'll get on that.. Anyway, I am going down with my Boss and his wife and a few other assistants from our office. We are going down to help the people with their teeth. They have have absolutely no water in Dera, People, mainly children walk for hours at the crack of dawn to retrieve water for these families and the water is infested and not healthy to drink. Part of our goal is to help them get good water to their city. This is honestly going to be a life changing experience and I couldn't be more excited to help! I'm trying to load the youtube video to my blog.. But if your intrested and want to know more about this great program vist www.hopearising.org . We Leave FRIDAY at 5 AM! For a long long LONG flight! Wish us luck and Ill be sure to post all about it!!

2 comments:

Tia said...

How great! I hope you have a good time. Try not to get sick and have fun.

Lori B said...

I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures. That's awesome.