Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hawaii 2011

this summer has been quite busy for us. hence my slack on the blog. I feel as though this blog is a journal for my family so I want to be sure to blog about fun events, and all the summer vacations we took this year. As I sit here feeling somewhat overwhelmed with the thoughts of everything and what I want to say and blog about I just am going to take a breath and start from the beginning. yes? Well. Kind of. We sort of had a computer melt down in June and ended up backing up all of our pics onto a hard drive AKA. pictures to never be seen again.. So July it is.
Back in July, we went to Hawaii with the Bement Crew! We stayed in Kauai and it was amazing!! We rented a home and spent most of our time on a beach or exploring the island!! The babies stayed home with our good friends the neagles. It was our first time leaving them! I had a hard time at first but with all the flight delays, long flights and go-go-go of the trip we were glad we left them at home. But MISSED them like crazy.
Brent and I went on hikes almost every morning, snorkeling, charter boat, paddle boating, kayaking, and spent plenty of time playing on the beach in the waves! It was a great trip!












I spy brent on the rope swing!

Bike Cruising!



I want to go back....

3 comments:

Whitney said...

What a fun trip! So happy you two got to get away together. Now I'm craving the beach!

Ty and Whit said...

There's nothing like Hawaii. It looked like you guys had fun. We are going on a cruise in Jan. and I'm debating leaving the boy. Glad to know you survived leaving them :)

Janey said...

um, my heart just broke a little. I want to go back so bad!!! I miss it, o well we can just live off our dream of becoming farmers someday out in the country ;)