Back in Ethiopia.. and I felt so guilty not going. Last year I had the oppurtunity to go to Ethiopia to do dental care for the people of Dera, Ethiopia. It was the most humbling experience of my life and I feel so grateful for the experiences I had there. We traveled there as part of an amazing group called hope arising and there main goal is to get clean water to the people in ethiopia. I met so many people and this experience made me thankful for everything I have here at home. I didn't go this year because, well I have two babies. But I do hope the team this year has a great time, works hard and changes some peoples lives. Its not easy being there and being away from everything you have here.. (running water, flushing toilets, food..) But its absolutley worth it. I would go again in a heartbeat. If anyone ever has an oppurtunity to serve in a different country do not pass it up. Its something you will never regret and you'll never forget. I know I won't.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
The team is back..
Back in Ethiopia.. and I felt so guilty not going. Last year I had the oppurtunity to go to Ethiopia to do dental care for the people of Dera, Ethiopia. It was the most humbling experience of my life and I feel so grateful for the experiences I had there. We traveled there as part of an amazing group called hope arising and there main goal is to get clean water to the people in ethiopia. I met so many people and this experience made me thankful for everything I have here at home. I didn't go this year because, well I have two babies. But I do hope the team this year has a great time, works hard and changes some peoples lives. Its not easy being there and being away from everything you have here.. (running water, flushing toilets, food..) But its absolutley worth it. I would go again in a heartbeat. If anyone ever has an oppurtunity to serve in a different country do not pass it up. Its something you will never regret and you'll never forget. I know I won't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment